The Velocity Hockey Center is a 130 by 65 regulation hockey rink that is used primarily in the Spring and Fall for our 3 on 3 hockey leagues, in the summer for our Velocity Hockey Clinics and in the winter for ice rentals to a wide variety of youth hockey associations for their team practices.
The Velocity Hockey Center is a unique hockey rink in that it is two thirds the dimension of a regular ice sheet found in a typical Municipality setting. With the smaller ice dimensions at the Velocity Hockey Center players will enhance the development of their all around hockey skills in the following ways:
- Players will handle the puck more, which in a competitive small rink environment is going to develop better fundamental skills and a better understanding of the game.
- Players will develop faster read and react skills with and without the puck. The game is faster, which forces you to learn to “Think fast and play fast.”
- Players will develop quickness, lateral movement and transitional skating on the smaller ice surface.
- Players will work on and develop their shooting and passing skills due to the much higher tempo, up and down game that creates many scoring opportunities for both teams.
- Players will be developing their skills and having fun in a different and unique environment. That combination is a very good thing.
- Players are playing in a much less structured 3 on 3 hockey game thus enables them to try new things, not be coached and just go out and play pond hockey.
- Goalies will face a lot more shots from all areas. With the abundance of scoring chances the 3 on 3 games create, the goalies are forced to make 50-60 saves a game!
- Velocity Hockey believes that players from all ages and skill levels that participate in our fast paced Velocity Hockey 3 on 3 leagues will develop a strong fundamental skill set and have fun in the process!